Meet the Staff
Dr. S. V. Ramana Rao- M.B.B.S. (General Physician)
- Completed MBBS from Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada in 1966
- Did Courses in Anesthesiology, Underwater Medicine and Aviation Medicine at A.F.M.C., PUNE, Naval Institute (Ashwini Naval Hospital, Mumbai) and Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bangalore
1. Worked in Army Medical Corps - All over India and Abroad in Naval wing and took Premature Retirement after 18 years of Service.
2. Worked in a Poly Clinic in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Eastern Province, for 27 years and as a Medical Director of the Clinic.
Dr.Avinash Mahindrakar - M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., F.R.C.S., Fellowship In Ocular Motility and Gen. Oph.
Medical Director, Oculoplasty, Squint, Pediatric and Phaco Surgeon.
- Completed his MBBS from Osmania University in 1996.
- MD - Ophthalmology from AIIMs in 2000
- DNB Ophthalmology from National board of Examinations in 2000
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in 2002
- Senior Residency (Oculoplasty, Pediatric Ophthalmology & Tumors and Fellowship in Ocular Motility and General Ophthalmology from Royal Victorian Eye & Ear Hospital - Melbourne in 2009.
- He has experience of 11 years and worked at various Prestigious institutes like AIIMS, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital - Melbourne as a senior resident and as consultant at Lions Charitable Eye Hospital for 4 years and Seven Hills Hospital - Visakhapatnam for a period of Five years Six months.
- With his teaching experience he is guiding and mentoring the aspiring DNB students. And upon joining the institute he has performed many Squint, Oculoplasty surgeries, Ptosis and trauma surgeries like lid tear and others.
- Effectivenes of Mitomycin C in reducing reformation of adhesions following surgery for restrictive strabismus. Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabsimus May/June 2001 Vol. 38, No.3, page no.s 131-135. Avinash Mahindrakar, Radhika Tandon, V. Menon, Pradeep Sharma, Sudershan Khokhar.
- Disseminated hydatid disease involving orbit, spleen, lung and liver. Ophthalmologica November 2002; 216:300-304. Betheria SM, Neelam Pushkar, Vidushi Sharma, Avinash Mahindrakar, Seema Kashyap
- Mitomycin C in restrictive strabismus. Reply to letter. Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabsimus Sept-Oct 2002; 39(5):260. Avinash Mahindrakar, Radhika Tandon, Pradeep Sharma, Vimla Menon.
- Dentigerous cyst in maxillary sinus - a rare cause of nasolacrimal duct obstruction. Orbit December 2003; 22 (4): 289-292. Bajaj MS, Avinash Mahindrakar, Neelam Pushker, Balasubramanya R.
- Advancement of Whitnall's ligament via the conjunctival approach for correction of congenital ptosis. Orbit September 2004; 23 (3):153-9. Bajaj MS, Pushker N, Avinash Mahindrakar, Balasubramanya R.
- Pleomorphic adenoma of the lacrimal gland: a clinicopathological analysis.Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology October 2004; 32 (5):523-5. Sen S, Avinash Mahindrakar, Betharia SM, Bajaj MS, Kashyap S, Ghose S.
- Chabra MS. Orbital ectopic glial tissue in relation to medial rectus: a rare entity. Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology 2005 February; 33 (1): 67-69. Ghose S, Sen S, Balasubramaniam ST, Avinash Mahindrakar, Sharma V
Dr. Madhu Uddaraju - M.B.B.S., M.S., (Ophthalmology), F.I.C.S.
Administrative Medical Director
Head-Cornea & Refractive Surgery Services
- Completed his MBBS from JJM Medical College, Davangere.
- Completed his Basic Course in Ophthalmic diagnostics in LVP-Zeiss International Academy, Hyderabad.
- Worked as an observer in comprehensive ophthalmology in L.V.Prasad Eye Institute, Vishakapatnam
- Worked as a Clinical Research Coordinator at L.V.Prasad Eye Institute.
- Completed his M.S in Ophthalmology from Narayana Medical College, Nellore with his Thesis on Microbial Keratitis which was selected by Academic and Research Committee of Andhra Pradesh State Ophthalmological Society for the Research Scholarship award and Grant.
- Completed his Cornea Fellowship at Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai under Dr. M.Srinivasan & Dr. N.Venkatesh Prajna
- Completed his Femto Lasik Accreditation course at Singapore National Eye Center, Singapore in 2014
- Completed the Sightlife International DSEK skill transfer course in 2015 and Observership under Dr Samar Basak, Disha Eye Hospitals, Kolkata for lamellar surgeries.
- Presently also serving as Medical Director for Badam Balakrishna Eye Bank.
- Participated in the Recombinant Human Collagen Biosynthetic Cornea Project as an international visiting Scholar in Linkoping University,Sweden under Prof.May.Griffith and Prof.Per Fagerholm.
- Done a preceptorship in limbal stem cell based therapies in ophthalmology under Prof.Graziella Pelligrini and Dr.Virender Sangwan.
- Underwent Surgical training in SICS and PHACO in L.V.Prasad Eye Institute.
- Presented 18 free papers, 16 posters and E-Posters in AP state conferences, National Conferences and International Conferences.
- Served as a Conference-coordinator for the 35th APOS Meeting.
- Delivered an instruction course on Limbal stem cell deficiency in 36th APOS meeting, Guntur in 2012.
- Delivered an instruction course on Smear Guided Anti-Microbial Therapy in 37th APOS Meeting, Warangal in 2013.
- Delivered and instruction course on Cornea Diagnostics in 38th APOS Meeting, Rajahmundry in 2014.
- Graduated on behalf of Andhra Pradesh state for the AIOS national leadership development program in 2013.
- Delivered two instruction courses on Microbial keratitis and Limbal stem cell diseases at Southern Region Ophthalmic Conference at Tirupathi 2015.
- SROC best poster award for study on fungal keratitis epidemilogy.
- Delivered a talk on Microbial keratitis as a guest faculty at Annual Corneal Society of India meeting at Kolkata 2015.
- Developed CORNIVIEW , a slit lamp attachment for evaluating donor corneal tissue in association with Aurolab, Madurai.
- Published 3 Articles in International Peer Reviewed Journals.
ACADEMIC WORK AND TRAINING
AREAS OF INTEREST
Non resolving Microbial Keratitis, Collagen Crosslinking and Femto Assisted Keratoplasty.
Prof. Dr.K.N.Chinnayya Rao- M.B.B.S., D.O.M.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Guntur Medical College - Andhra University in 1966
- D.O.M.S from N.I.O.R. Sitapur - Agra University in 1968
- M.S in Ophthalmology from Guntur Medical College - Andhra University in 1974.
He has vast experience of 37 years - 26 years in Andhra Pradesh Medical and Health Science department (21 years of teaching experience - 5yrs as Asst. Professor and 16 years as Professor) and 11years as a private practitioner.
- Journal Antiseptic Dec.1981 Pattern of ocular injuries
- Indian Journal of Ophthalmology March 1985 33.89-90 role of Aspirin in cataract surgery
- Afro - Asian Journal of Ophthalmology Vol XI No 2 September 1992
- Afro - Asian Journal of Ophthalmology Vol XI No.3 December 1992
- Contributed a chapter on "Ocular Tuberculosis" in the Text book of Tuberculosis edited by Dr.Satyasree.
Dr.P.Satyanarayana, M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- He completed his graduation from Andhra Medical College - Visakhapatnam - 1976
- Post Graduation in Ophthalmology from Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada - Andhra University - 1982
Dr.P.Satyanarayana is an experienced doctor worked as Assistant Professor for two tenures from 1988 - 1994 & Nov 2006 - Oct 2008 and also as a Mobile Medical Officer in department of Ophthalmology - Rangaraya Medical College - Kakinada from 1995 to 2008.
Post retirement from the Government Health Department he worked as Associate Professor of Ophthalmology from Nov 2008 - October 2010 and Professor of Ophthalmology from Nov 2010 to April 2012 in Konaseema Institute of Medical Sciences - Amalapuram of East Godavari District. Apart from the above he served as Internal and External examiner to U.G and P.G students to N.T.R University (A.P) and M.G.R University - Tamilnadu
His publication has been published in Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences - New Delhi, a cases report of Tubercular Nodular Episclerits.
Dr. Jayanth Shriram Kadaskar - M.B.B.S., D.N.B., F.V.R.S. (Ophthalmology)
Vitreo Retina Consultant
- Completed MBBS from NKP Salve Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur in 2002 - 2007
- Completed DNB Ophthalmology from Shankara Netralaya & Medical Research Foundation, Chennai in 2010 - 2013
- Completed Fellowship in Vitreo Retina from Sankara Eye Hospital, Bangalore in 2014 - 2015
- "Angiolymphoid Hyperplasia with Eosinophilia of Orbit and Adnexa" Ocular oncology and pathology, Karger publications, Ocul Oncol Pathol 2016 2:40-47
- Intra-arterial chemotherapy in retinoblastoma, DOS, volume 21, October 2015
- Effect of lanosterol on human crystalline lens, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, Year 2015, Volume 63, Issue 12
Dr. B. Rajendra Reddy - M.B.B.S., M.S., F.R.E.H. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Narayana Medical College, Nellore in 2009
- Completed MS from Narayana Medical College, Nellore in 2013
- Completed Fellowship in Phaco Emulsification under the guidance of World Renowned Ophthalmologist Dr. Abhay R. Vasavada at Raghudeep Eye Hospital, Ahmedabad for a period of two years 2014 - 2016
- Completed Fellowship in Medical Glaucoma under Dr. Mayuri Khamar at Raghudeep Eye Hospital, Ahmedabad
- Presented Several Papers in Andhra Pradesh & Gujarat State Conferences
Dr. Lomesh Dyaneshwar Patil - M.B.B.S., M.S., D.N.B., F.C.R.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Pravara Medical College, LONI, Maharashtra in 2009
- Completed MS from Govt. Medical College, Dibrugarh in 2014
- Completed DNB Ophthalmology 2015
- Completed Fellowship in Cornea & Refractive Surgery from Sankara Eye Hospital, Guntur in 2016
Dr. K. Sravani Lakshmi - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from NRI Medical College, Chinakakani in 2009
- Completed MS from NRI Medical College, Chinakakani in 2013
- Senior Resident for one year at Guntur Medical College, Guntur in 2014
- Presented a paper on Pediatric Scleral Nodule in Andhra Pradesh State Conference
Dr. Afsar Sharmili - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Katuri Medical College & Hospital, Guntur in 2010
- Completed MS from Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada in 2015
Dr. V. Dinesh Kanth - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada in 2009
- Completed MS from Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada in 2014
- Senior Resident in Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Srikakulam in 2014 - 15
- Phaco Training from Venu Eye Hospital, Delhi in 2015
Dr. V. Hima Bindu - M.B.B.S., M.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Dr. Pinnamaneni Siddhartha Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Foundation, Gannavaram in 2009
- Completed MS from Guntur Medical College, Guntur in 2015
Dr. B. Satya Sri - M.B.B.S. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Zhejiang University Hangzhou, China in 2013
Dr. Shaik Jaani Basha - M.B.B.S., D.O. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada in 2011
- Completed DO from Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada in 2014
Dr. M. Pushpa Rajyam - M.B.B.S., D.O. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Guntur Medical College, Guntur in 1998
- Completed DO from Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada in 2005
Dr. Anju Marina Thomas - M.B.B.S., (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Govt. Theni Medical College, Tamil Nadu in 2013
Dr. P.Harika Priyamvada - M.B.B.S., D.O. (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Asram Medical College, Eluru in 2010
- Completed DO from Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada in 2014/li>
- Completed Senior Resident for 9 months at Kovvur, CHC in 2015/li>
Dr. G. Pooja Pandya - M.B.B.S., (Ophthalmology)
- Completed MBBS from Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences, Adani in 2015